Thursday, February 28, 2008

Laptop Lunacy


February 28, 2008

There is an old saying claiming that the anticipation is better than the realization. In my experience often it is. Not in this instance. As far as my new laptop is concerned the realization is indeed even better than the anticipation. I have wanted a laptop for quite awhile now. Finally I have my first one and I love it. It was ordered on February 18th and delivered on the 26th. What a thrill it was to open that box and set it up! It felt a little like that magic of Christmas morning for children. Coincidentally, it happens that my Dell XPS is a product red. That charity Bono of U2 is so involved with and which helps to fight AIDS in Africa. A donation is made each time this product is sold.


A lot of the fun for me is in having a clean slate and being able to make decisions regarding various programs and ways to operate them. I am very excited about all the possibilities. For the first time I have a built-in camera with video capability. Not only that but none of my photos or music are on the computer yet. So, I look forward to making it my own with favorite photos, websites, music and more.


Also, I’d like to give a thumbs up for Windows Vista Ultimate. I was so used to XP that I wondered how I would react to Vista. Well, I am enjoying the heck out of it. Ease of use, sharp graphics, soft music tones are just some of the features to recommend it.

No comments: