Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Friend




March 4, 2008



There is no friend like an old friend – trite maybe, true definitely! Today I was reunited with a long time dear friend. A friend I had not seen for some time, who did not answer my many telephone calls and about whom I was very concerned. You see in a period of less than three years she had lost her soul-mate, her husband of 36 years and the love of her life. In addition she had battled breast cancer and had buried her mother. How much can one little heart endure? So when life’s burdens weight you down, sometimes you just don’t have the energy or the desire to connect with others.

But, the human spirit is nothing if not resilient and in time one begins to reach out again. I was the happy recipient of a phone call yesterday and that led to a get together today. We shared some sadness, many laughs and an all around good time. I am thankful for a friendship renewed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dotty,

Am enjoying your posts and have walked down memory lane with some
of them. I am wondering who your mysterious friend might be, but I realize that it doesn't really matter. Half the fun is trying to figure it out. What I truly took away from this blog is that I enjoy your writing and sharing of your experiences.

Anonymous said...

Dotty,

Am enjoying your posts and have walked down memory lane with some of them.

I am wondering who your mysterious friend might be, but I realize that it doesn't really matter. Half the fun is trying to figure it out.

What I truly took away from this blog is that I enjoy your writing and sharing of your experiences.