Saturday, February 16, 2008

~~~Clutter~~~


February 16, 2008

Recently I heard that we consumers use only 20% of what we buy. Who knows if that means in the course of the year or on any given day. It certainly doesn’t mean consumables. Regardless, even adjusting for the inherent flaws in statistics,that is startling! It sure got me thinking. What do I use consistently? What do I literally never use? And just what falls in between?

So, it begs the question. Just when and how does one declutter? A suggestion is made that if you collect books, as I do, one of every five books you have could be given away. For me that would surely create needed space in my bookcases. The old adage, if you haven’t worn that item of clothing in a year, you should probably toss it, is still in play. How about all those old computer parts? What about cellphones and digital cameras? All seem ripe for recycling.

Looks like it’s time to do my part, no matter how small, in this battle with clutter.

No comments: