Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fleetwood Mac Rocks Boston - March 11, 2009


All right so I’m somewhat of a ‘fanatic’ when it comes to Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks. But the Fleetwood Mac Unleashed concert last night in Boston was something special. It ranked right up there with other unforgettable Mac Moments. Namely, the first time I saw and heard the Stevie Nicks-Lindsey Buckingham incarnation of the band on stage. That was when LB, after a ten year hiatus, returned to the band for The Dance Tour in 1997. Also, the concerts I saw at London’s Earl's Court in November of 2003 were another dream come true for me. To actually see the partly British band on their home turf during the Say You Will Tour - does it get any better!?!

The band has not toured in five years and without a new album, yet, decided to just hit the road and have some fun. Well the fans are the ones having the fun squared. Mick, John, Lindsey and Stevie have never sounded better doing their many hits as well as some other gems. Stevie’s song “Storms “ from the Tusk album had not been performed in concert before and was a real treat. “But never have I been a blue, calm sea; I have always been a storm.” – perfection! It was beyond wonderful to hear my two favorite Stevie songs “Sara” and Gold Dust Woman”. Then there was my favorite Lindsey song “I’m So Afraid” which brought the house down. I could go on and on…

The closing song of the encore was Stevie’s classic “Silver Springs” and with the amazing energy between Stevie and Lindsey it was both a real highlight and a dramatic ending to a concert for the ages. Thank you Fleetwood Mac for the joy that is your music!

PS I took the accompanying photo on November 30, 2003 in London at Earl's Court as Stevie and Lindsey performed "Landslide".

No comments: