Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Back Again and Better Than Ever


Yesterday I had a most pleasant surprise. After I finished my volunteer tutoring in Roslindale I decided to drive to Norwood and to see when my car would need its first service. The onboard computer is telling me another 4000 miles for my first oil change. But since my xDrive 328i was one year old on June 1st I wanted to check.

So, I spoke to my salesperson, David, who is now in the finance department. I asked him to recommend a service consultant. I knew that Kim, so kind and so efficient, had left the job a year ago. At the time it felt like losing friend. I'm sure anyone who has experienced any stress related to car maintenance can identify.

Well, was I ever thrilled when David said those magic words, "Kim's back!" She had taken a few months off to spend more time with family. Talk about a dream come true or the answer to a prayer!

It may sound and seem silly but the confidence I have in Kim and the way she does her job by going that extra mile ie well founded. Just today she made it possible for my car to have that first service, including oil change, replacing windshield wiper blades, checking car pressure, getting an inspection sticker etc. The BMW $0 new car maintenance for four years is a priceless relief.

No comments: