Sunday, June 29, 2008

Part Two: Ultimate Dining Experience



June 28, 2008

It was my good fortune to dine for a second time in a restaurant I had previously tried and written about. My review had been mixed. It was not so much the food which was wonderful but the pace of the meal, the feeling of being rushed and the fact that it colored the experience in a negative way. Well, much to my surprise and delight I received an invitation from the owner to come again and really experience fine dining.

This past Wednesday my sister and I had the opportunity to do just that and did we ever dine in style. From the warm welcome of the host to the amazing expertise and professionalism of our waiter, we enjoyed every minute of the evening. A drink before dinner set the pace for a leisurely meal. Then, for starters we had perfect Cotuit oysters and delicious Maryland crab cakes. My entrĂ©e was the fabulous grilled veal sirloin with a butter basted lobster and corn salad while Regina had the restaurant’s, some say, most acclaimed dish of North Dakota buffalo tenderloin. I must say it was far tastier than any prime beef I’ve ever had. Our waiter had recommended just the right wine to accompany our dinner choices and it surely enhanced the dining experience.

The featured dessert had house-made ice cream on a walnut fudge brownie with, of course, warm chocolate sauce and cream. Are you hungry yet? I hope you will find your way to Heather’s Restaurant in Mashpee, MA on Cape Cod. If you do, your palate is in for a treat and your spirit will be buoyed as well. My special thanks go to Heather, chef/owner and Matt, general manager/owner for providing that so seldom, if ever, ultimate dining experience.

1 comment:

carla burzyk said...

Dorothy! As ever, a wonderful blog. You should be a professional restaurant reviwer! I was salivating! Heather is definitely on my list of places to dine; maybe we can make it together? Take good care and thanks for words that transported me to the Cape!